Nothing cheers my cold and dreary mid-winter heart and helps chase away the January Blahs like an unexpected notification that I have been the recipient of a blog award. So thank you once again, Guillaume. I know this award couldn't be based upon recent posts since they have been all but non-existent. So I'm grateful that you have a good memory.
And now for the required seven random facts about me:
1. Vampires frighten me and I avoid all films that involve them. Even the sparkly ones.
2. I didn't carve a pumpkin until I was an adult. Despite my family having a large vegetable garden when I was a child, pumpkins were not planted. Our jack-o-lanterns were of the plastic variety.
3. I dislike licorice. Especially black licorice.
4. I also dislike lobster and find it difficult to sit next to someone eating a whole one. The cracking open of the shell. The removal of the innards. It's like a bad horror movie.
5. The Wolfman is my favourite classic movie monster. Likely because he's the one that elicits the most sympathy from me.
6. Nancy Drew's The Haunted Bridge still reminds me of sick days spent in bed under the covers as a child. It was my "feel better" book.
7. I despise pumpkin seeds. Mine end up in the compost bin every year.
As for the next stage of this award, passing it on to other bloggers, I have far too many favourites to list, and I've never been comfortable with choosing a select few. So as with most things that cause me discomfort, I will avoid it. If, however, anyone who reads this would like to post seven random facts of their own and grab the award from this post, I would be delighted to see it.
And now, onward to my next random list . . .